~~~~~~~~~~~~ Don't Forget To Like Us On Facebook, Follow Us On Twitter, And Vote For Us ~~~~~~~~~~~~

Saturday, April 23, 2011

Kell Brook - 'I want Cheryl Tweedy's number'




Cheryl Cole advises us all to 'Fight For This Love' and Kell Brook is taking this very literally. He's hoping that the estranged Mrs Cole will be so impressed by him knocking out Krzysztof Bienias on March 12th that she'll pass on her number to him.


"I definitely want her number. I wouldn't cheat on her, no way. Who knows? If I can do a good job and look impressive, maybe she'll pass on her number so I can give her a ring. I mean, I'm a good looking lad, aren't I?"

Brook, 23 trained by Dominic Ingle at their legendary gym in Wincobank, Sheffield, certainly looked good in sparring yesterday. He boxed eight rounds, mixing it up against gym mates Lee Noble, English welter champ Adnan Amar and, most interestingly, cross-city prospect and ABA welter champion, Liam Cameron. Unfortunately for all concerned except the man himself, Ashley Cole couldn't make it.

Brook went slowly through the gears in the first four rounds but opened up in the fifth against Cameron and snapped home a few hard, accurate shots to the head whilst the 19-year-old covered up. The shots were meaty and trainer Ingle immediately barked at him to 'Get back to your jab!'. Brook did so but it was easy to tell he's chomping at the bit to open up on someone for real.

"I'm going to knock this MF out," said Brook in reference to Bienias, whom he fights in Liverpool for the WBO Inter-Continental title and, reportedly, mandatory status for the main belt (currently held by Manny Pacquiao).

"I've been sparring 'robot' types, getting through the jab and breaking them up.

"I don't look for the stoppage," observed Brook with a trademark cheeky smile, "but it's at the back of my mind."

To his credit, 'The Kid' doesn't believe he's ready for the absolute top men just yet, especially as the 147lbs division is absolutely replete with class operators.

"Five or so more fights and then I'll be ready for the top men.

"Where I go next is up to Frank (Warren, promoter, with whom Brook has just signed a new two-year deal).

"I don't mind coming back down a level and smashing (John) O'Donnell.

"That's an easy pay day. I know the public don't think so, but it is."

Property of Box Rec News @ http://news.boxrec.com

No comments:

Post a Comment